CubTAC personal benzene detector
The world’s smallest, lightest VOC detector for TACs and benzene
CubTAC is a personal benzene detector for the fast, accurate detection of total aromatic compounds (TACs), including benzene, keeping you safe within your working environment. Comfortable and unobtrusive to wear, CubTAC is the smallest, lightest, personal TAC and benzene detector available.
CubTAC has a dynamic range of 0 to 5000 parts per million (ppm), with its market leading ppb sensitivity, CubTAC comes with all the benefits of the Cub personal VOC detector but has a 10.0 eV lamp utilising a unique light filtering technology to give a reliable aromatic hydrocarbon concentration.
When worker exposure exceeds pre-set limits Cub’s audible, vibrating and flashing LED alarms alert you to the gases present. Readings are displayed on its bright, back-lit LCD display with selectable data logging time.
CubTAC uses Ion Science patented PID sensor technology that has been independently verified as best performing for speed, accuracy, and humidity resistant operation. Its unique Anti-contamination design and patented Fence Electrode Technology provide extended run time in the most challenging environments, giving you accurate results you can truly rely on.
Three Cub docking stations are available dependent on your requirements:
- Charge dock – simply charges the instrument
- Comms dock – offers USB communication and charging
- Cal dock – offers a calibration facility, USB communication and charging
The CubTAC personal TAC and benzene detector is just one of a family of products that protects users from ingestion of benzene and other VOC gases. See our Tiger Select handheld benzene detector and our fixed benzene-specific monitor, Titan.
See our leading range of VOC detectors:
- Cub personal VOC detector
- Cub TAC personal benzene detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- Falco fixed VOC detector
- Tiger LT handheld VOC detector
- Tiger handheld VOC detector
- Tiger Select handheld benzene detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- Titan fixed benzene detector
- TVOC fixed PID sensor
- MiniPID 2 VOC sensor
Best available photoionisation detection (PID)
- PID independently verified as best performing on the market
- Unrivalled sensitivity detects down to ppb levels
- Widest range detects gases 0 – 5,000 ppm
- In-built humidity resistance with no need to compensate
- Anti-contamination design for extended field operation
- Fastest (<13 second) response to hazardous gases & vapours
- Clear audio, visual and vibrating alarms
- Large LCD display for clear readings
- Battery life up to 12 hours
- Meets ATEX, IECEx Certification
Ease of use
- Smallest, lightest personal PID monitor available
- Simple one button operation
- Intuitive software and simple calibration routine
- Easy to service
Low cost operation
- Inexpensive consumables and parts
- Two-year warranty when registered online
The CubTAC personal benzene detector with 10.0 eV lamp gives accurate detection of total aromatic compounds (TACs), including benzene, down to ppb levels.
CubTAC Kit (part no. CKTSXCKX-WD):
- CubTAC instrument
- Docking station
- Rechargeable battery (Li-ion)
- Remote calibration adaptor
- Accessory kit
- Stack removal tool
- Mains cable
- USB cable
- Quick start guide
- Calibration certificate
Product downloads – Ion Science
Brochures, Manual, Quick Start Guides, Software etc.
As a producer of industrial batteries under the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009, we ION Science Ltd produce Li-ion batteries. We are obliged to take back free of charge, waste industrial batteries supplied to an end user for treatment and recycling. We are required to do this in any calendar year we place new industrial batteries on the market. If any of our customers or in certain cases other end users, require us to take back industrial batteries, they should contact us at email@example.com. We will agree on the necessary arrangements for the return, proper treatment and recycling of the waste industrial batteries.
|Sensitivity||0.01 ppm (isobutylene equivalent)
0.002 mg/m3 (isobutylene equivalent)
|Accuracy||±5% display reading + one digit|
|Response Time||<13 seconds (T90)|
Ex ll 1 G Ex ia llC T4 Ga (-20 °C ≤ Ta ≤ 55 °C)
Baseefa11ATEX0027 IECEx BAS 11.0014
|Battery||Battery life up to 12 hours
Battery charge time 4 hours
|PID Lamp Options||10.0 eV|
|Data logging||30,000 readings|
|Alarm||LEDs, audio and vibrate
Sounder 86 dB @ 300mm
Pre-programmed TWA & STEL. Work exposure alarm levels on all models.
-20 °C to 60 °C (-4 °C to 140 °F)
-20 °C to 55 °C (-4 °C to 131 °F)
|Weight & Dimensions||111g (3.91 oz) 61 x 66 x 59mm (2.4 x 2.6 x 2.3”)|
|Range||0 – 5,000 ppm|
|Calibration||2 point calibration via docking station|
|IP Rating||Designed to IP65 (heavy rain)|
|LCD Display||Back lit multi colour|
|Flow Rate||N/A (no pump)|
|Docking Station Options||Charge only
Charge and USB communication
Charge, USB communication and calibration
Video Support – CubTAC personal TAC and benzene detector
Product Enquiry Form
Please complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you.