Fire Investigation Kit
The ION Science Fire Investigation Kit with Tiger or TigerLT photoionisation detector (PID) has been specifically designed to provide you with all the tools for a convenient, easy-to-use solution for the detection of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) within Fire and Arson Investigation applications.
Fire investigation teams are responsible for the examination and assessment of suspected arson-related sites, and further analysis of suspicious samples.
In suspected arson cases, it is part of the investigation to prove that there is no other cause of the fire. The ION Science Fire Investigation Kit can be used to detect hydrocarbon compounds such as those found in petrol, alkanes, and cycloalkanes. Fire investigators including the police, consultants and private investigators acting on behalf of insurance companies, will search for every type of fire accelerant such as grill lighters, lighter fuel, liquid glue and cleaning agents.
In the aftermath of a fire, significant values can already be 1-20 parts per million (ppm). Depending on the period of time between the occurrence of the fire and the examination, potential VOC gases might have partially disappeared. As a result, values always vary and sometimes the measured values can reach 100 ppm or more.
The extinguishing foam used by fire teams contains proteins and other hydrocarbon compounds which can produce falsified results and make usable measurements difficult.
Investigators require a solution for the fast discovery of potential arson incident accelerants, and initial crime scene VOC assessment.
Both the Tiger and TigerLT PIDs are perfect for arson investigation. The instruments have a rugged design, are ready to use within seconds, easy to operate with gloves.
Both models incorporate Ion Science’s market-leading PID technology with patented fence electrode system. The advanced three-electrode format ensures increased resistance to humidity and contamination for ultimate reliability and accuracy in the field, as well as reduced drift issues and extended run time.
- Fast discovery of potential arson incident accelerants,
and initial crime scene VOC assessment
- Convenient, portable, easily accessible Kit for Fire Investigation teams
- Flexi-probe for versatile, practical detection of VOCs in hard-to-reach places
- Includes an AA TIGER battery pack for emergency power source
during long shifts
- Integrated flashlight for dark or dimly lit areas
- Charge your instrument on the go with the included charging cradle and travel adaptor
Best available PID technology
- Humidity resistant PID sensor for the most challenging
- Anti-contamination design for extended runtime
- Detects VOCs from 0 up to 20,000 ppm*
- Minimum sensitivity 0.001 ppm (1 ppb)
- Fast 2-second response time and quick clear down
- Detects over 480 VOCs and toxic compounds
The Tiger Fire Investigation Kit provides fast, accurate detection of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) with exceptional resistance to humidity and contamination.
Fire Investigation Kit (part no. A-861644) (kit only)
The Fire Investigation Kit includes:
- TIGER or TIGER LT handheld VOC detector* for rapid, accurate response to VOCs
- 1m Flexi-probe for versatile, practical detection of VOCs in hard-to-reach places
- Bump test pen for simple, quick reassurance that your detector is responding to the presence of volatiles prior to use
- AA Tiger battery pack for emergency power source during long shifts or when access to a charging point is not available
- Charging cradle & travel charge adaptor for remote charging of your instrument on-the-go
- Exhaust barb which can be connected to a collection bag to allow users to collect samples for further lab analysis
- Quick start guide for ease of use and no specialised training required
- Spare PTFE filters (pack of 10) are provided for quick and simple Tiger maintenance
- Rugged Carry Case for easy, secure and robust transportation of the Tiger and accessories.
*Kits can also be purchased individually for use with existing Tiger instruments. In addition, the Fire Investigation kit can also be purchased with the option for 100 ppm isobutylene gas cylinder for accurate calibration and verification of instrument performance.
Product downloads – Ion Science
Brochures, Manual, Quick Start Guides, Software etc.