TVOC 2 fixed PID Detector
For continuous VOC monitoring
TVOC 2 is a fixed continuous PID detector for the detection and measurement of total volatile organic compounds (TVOCs). Its photoionisation detection (PID) sensor capabilities utilise advanced patented Fence Electrode Technology with increased resistance to humidity and contamination.
A robust fixed PID detector, TVOC 2 has a selectable detection range of 0 – 10 ppm, 0 – 100 ppm or 0 – 1000 ppm and is ideal for use in manufacturing and process industries where VOCs are typically present.
With a 4-20 mA analogue output, TVOC 2 can be simply integrated into a Distributed Control System (DCS) to provide warnings and enable control of high VOC levels in the working environment.
The instrument’s ATEX approvals enable a 3 wire TVOC system to be used in Zone 2 hazardous areas without safety barriers, whilst its ATEX and IECEx approvals allow TVOC 2 to be used in Zone 1 hazardous areas with safety barriers.
Simple to install service and calibrate, TVOC 2 requires no hot work permit and the PID sensor is accessible and changeable in a matter of seconds.
See our range of leading VOC detectors with revolutionary PID sensor technology:
- Tiger handheld VOC detector
- Tiger LT handheld VOC detector
- Tiger Select handheld benzene detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- Cub personal VOC detector
- Cub TAC personal benzene detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- Falco fixed VOC detector
- Falco TAC fixed VOC detector
- Titan fixed benzene detector
Best available photoionisation (PID) detection
- PID independently verified as best performing on the market
- Range: 0 to 10, 0 to 100 or 0 to 1000 ppm from just one instrument
- In-built humidity resistance with no need to compensate
- Anti-contamination design for extended field operation
- Variable duty cycle prolongs run time
- Reliable diffusive monitoring – no pump required
- Accurate results over all environmental conditions
- Rugged and robust design withstands harsh environments
- Large LCD display for clear readings
- ATEX and IECEx approved
Ease of use
- Simple to use – minimal training required
- Easy access PID sensor for fast, simple servicing
- Simple calibration procedure
- Easily integrated into a control system
- Inexpensive consumables and parts
- Two-year warranty when instrument registered online
For more details please contact Ion Science or an Ion Science Distributor for an up to date price list.
TVOC 2 fixed VOC detector:
- TVOC 2 VOC detector instrument
- Calibration certificate
- Instrument manual
Product downloads – Ion Science
Brochures, Manual, Quick Start Guides, Software etc.
|Hazardous Area Safety Approvals|
II 2G Ex ia IIC T4 Gb (-20°C ≤ Ta ≤ +50°C)
II 3G Ex nA IIC T4 (-40°C ≤ Ta ≤ +50°C)
IECEx BAS 06.0057X
|Ingress Protection Rating|
Designed to IP65
Power: 5-28 VDC Max 130 mA
Output: 4-20mA requires an 8-35 VDC power supply
|Range||0 to 10 ppm, 0 to 100 ppm, 0 to 1000 ppm (user selectable)|
|Sampling||Diffusion (can be pumped if required using an adaptor)|
|Display||7 segment, 4 digit LCD, 4 colour LED’s|
|Response||Sensor – T90 <5 sec|
|Accuracy||0 to 100 ppm: ± 5% at calibration point.|
100 to 1000 ppm: ± 10% at calibration point.
Accessed via magnetic switch
100 ppm Isobutylene via calibration kit accessory
Operating: -20 to 50°C, (-4 to 122°F)
Humidity: 0-95% RH (non-condensing)
|Weight & dimensions|
Instrument: 1.4 kg (3.1 lb)
Packed: 1.6 kg (3.5 lb)
Dimensions: 188 x 126 x 78 mm (7.4 x 4.9 x 3″)
|4-20 mA alarm levels||Selectable 2 mA & 3.5 mA options|
NB: All specifications quoted are at calibration point and under the same ambient conditions. Specifications are based on isobutylene calibration at 20 °C and 1000 mBar.
* The Fence Electrode technology referred to in this document is produced by Ion Science Ltd, and protected by patents. U.S. Patent No. 7,046,012. EP 1474681, other patents pending.
Video Support – TVOC 2 fixed VOC detector
Product Enquiry Form
Please complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you.