TVOC® fixed PID Detector
For continuous VOC monitoring
TVOC is a fixed continuous PID detector for the detection and measurement of total volatile organic compounds (TVOCs). Its photoionisation detection (PID) sensor capabilities utilise advanced patented Fence Electrode technology with increased resistance to humidity and contamination.
A robust fixed PID detector, TVOC has a selectable detection range of 0 – 10 ppm, 0 – 100 ppm or 0 – 1000 ppm and is ideal for use in manufacturing and process industries where VOCs are typically present.
With a 4-20 mA analogue output, TVOC can be simply integrated into a DCS control system to provide warnings and enable control of high VOC levels in the working environment.
The instrument’s ATEX approvals enable a 3 wire TVOC system to be used in Zone 2 hazardous areas without safety barriers, whilst its ATEX and IECEx approvals allow TVOC to be used in Zone 1 hazardous areas with safety barriers.
The TVOC fixed PID detector utilises a diffusive sample technique resulting in fewer contamination issues compared to pumped systems, reducing lamp cleaning and servicing requirements.
Simple to install service and calibrate, TVOC requires no hot work permit and the PID sensor is accessible and changeable in a matter of seconds.
The TVOC is also available for use with a pumped system for applications where sample conditioning is required.
TVOC is a registered trademark of Ion Science Ltd.
See our range of leading VOC detectors with revolutionary PID sensor technology:
- Corvus fixed IAQ monitor
- Cub personal VOC detector
- Cub TAC personal benzene detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- Falco fixed VOC detector
- Tiger handheld VOC detector
- Tiger LT handheld VOC detector
- Tiger Select handheld benzene detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- Titan fixed benzene detector
- MiniPID 2 VOC sensor
Best available photoionisation (PID) detection
- PID independently verified as best performing on the market
- Range: 0 to 10, 0 to 100 or 0 to 1000 ppm from just one instrument
- In-built humidity resistance with no need to compensate
- Anti-contamination design for extended field operation
- Variable duty cycle prolongs run time
- Reliable diffusive monitoring – no pump required
- Accurate results over all environmental conditions
- Rugged and robust design withstands harsh environments
- Large LCD display for clear readings
- ATEX and IECEx approved
Ease of use
- Simple to use – minimal training required
- Easy access PID sensor for fast, simple servicing
- Simple calibration procedure
- Easily integrated into a control system
Low cost operation
- Inexpensive consumables and parts
- Two-year warranty when instrument registered online
For more details please contact Ion Science or an Ion Science Distributor for an up to date price list.
TVOC Kit (part no. TVOSXBMX-X):
- TVOC VOC detector instrument
- Calibration certificate
- Instrument Manual
Product downloads – Ion Science
Brochures, Manual, Quick Start Guides, Software etc.
|Hazardous Area Safety Approvals||ATEX: II 3 G Ex nA IIC T4 (-40°C ≤Ta ≤ 50°C)|
ATEX / IECEx: II 2 G EEx ia IIC T4 (-20°C ≤Ta ≤ 50°C)
|Ingress Protection Rating||Designed to IP65|
Dependent on cable glands fitted sensor to IP53
|Power||4-20mA requires a 8-35VDC power supply|
For IS requirements 3-30 VDC power supply
|Ranges||0 to 10 ppm, 0 to 100 ppm, 0 to 1000 ppm (user selectable)|
|Sampling||Diffusion (can be pumped if required using an adaptor)|
|Display||7 segment, 5 digit LCD, 4 colour LED’s|
|Response **||Sensor – T90 <5 sec|
|Accuracy||0 to 100 ppm: ± 10% or ± 1 ppm (whichever is greater)|
0 to 1000 ppm: ± 10% or ± 1 ppm (whichever is greater)
|Linearity||0 to 1000 ppm: >75%|
|Calibration||Magnetically accessed 100 ppm Isobutylene via calibration kit accessory|
|Temperature||Operating: -20 to 50°C, -4 to 122°F Humidity: 0-95% RH|
|Weight & dimensions||Instrument: 1.4 kg (3.1 lb) packed: 1.6 kg (3.5 ib)|
Dimensions: 188 x 126 x 78 mm (7.4 x 4.9 x 3″)
|4-20 mA alarm levels||Selectable 2 mA & 3.5 mA options|
NB: All specifications are based upon isobutylene calibration at 20°C (68°F) 50% RH, up to 100 ppm at atmospheric pressure.
* The Fence Electrode technology referred to in this document is produced by Ion Science Ltd, and protected by patents. U.S. Patent No. 7,046,012. EP 1474681, other patents pending.
** TVOC has a variable duty cycle set to 1 minute as standard. The user can adjust this between 5 sec- onds and 5 minutes. TVOC is a registered trademark of Ion Science Ltd.
Video Support – TVOC fixed VOC detector
Product Enquiry Form
Please complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you.