Titan fixed benzene detector
The world’s first continuous, benzene-specific monitor!
Set to change the game in refinery applications, Titan is the first truly selective fixed benzene monitor on the market.
Titan is a fixed, continuous, real-time, benzene-specific monitor designed for petrochemical environments, providing the ultimate device for plant and worker safety.
The instrument is wall-mounted with a dynamic detection range or 0 – 20 ppm with 0.1 ppm sensitivity to benzene. Titan samples gas from the environment once per minute and within just 60 seconds an accurate benzene measurement is displayed.
Titan provides an immediate warning alarm system with two operator configurable levels, ensuring workers are kept safe and protected to the standards required on site. The instrument incorporates two relay outputs allowing you to install your own required alarm system.
Titan’s continuous, real-time measurement allows trends to be monitored over time, and communicated via 4-20 mA or RS485. Data is stored internally and can be downloaded remotely for analysis.
Designed to be easily installed and serviced, the modular design allows the Ex d case to be installed well in advance of commissioning. The internal service module can be removed and replaced as a remotely serviceable plug and play cartridge.
Titan incorporates Ion Science patented photoionisation detection (PID) sensor technology with proven resistance to humidity and contamination, ensuring optimal performance, however challenging your environment.
See our range of leading VOC detectors:
- Corvus fixed IAQ monitor
- Cub personal VOC detector
- Cub TAC personal benzene detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- Falco fixed VOC detector
- Tiger LT handheld VOC detector
- Tiger handheld VOC detector
- Tiger Select handheld benzene detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- TVOC fixed PID detector
- MiniPID 2 VOC sensor
Best available benzene detection
- Fast and accurate detection of benzene down to 0.1 ppm
- Minute by minute sampling providing continuous real-time data
- Robust separation method ensures benzene-specific readings
- Internally regulated heating for stable operation at extreme temperatures
- Clear display & visual alarms for indication of benzene levels
- Two user-definable independent alarm levels including optional real-time STEL calculation
- Two relay outputs provide an immediate warning alarm
- Meets ATEX & IECE, UL and CSA standards
Ease of use & service
- Modular design for ease of installation and servicing
- Service-free six months operation
- Simple 2-button interface for menu navigation
- 2-year warranty when instrument registered online
Best available PID sensor technology
- Patented PID sensor technology
- PID sensor independently verified as best performing on the market
- In-built humidity resistance with no need to compensate
- Anti-contamination design for extended field operation
The Titan benzene-specific monitor includes the following items:
Titan Benzene Monitor Kit (part no. TNXSXBXX-X):
- Titan Benzene monitor
- Enclosure lid handles
- Actuation magnet
- Instrument manual
- Calibration certificate
Product downloads – Ion Science
Brochures, Manual, Quick Start Guides, Software etc.
|Sensor Type||PID, 10.6 eV lamp coupled with selective filtering|
|Selectivity||Benzene specific within typical petrochemical matrix|
|Range||0 – 20 ppm|
|Measuring Frequency||One minute|
|Lower Limit of Detection||0.1 ppm|
±0.05 ppm or ±10%, whichever is greater
|Temperature Stability||Internally heated|
|Sample Flow||200 ml/min|
Graphical BW LCD 64 x 128 pixels with back light
Bright LEDs for normal operation, fault and alarm
Two magnetic switches for menu operation
|Hazardous Area Safety Approvals|
ATEX/IECEx: II 2G Ex d II B+H2 T4 Gb (-20 oC to +55 oC)
|Ingress Protection Rating||Designed to IP65 (cable gland dependant)|
|Humidity||0 – 100% RH|
|Minimum Service Period||Selective filter six months|
PID lamp one year
|Cable Entry||Two 3/4 NPT gland threads|
Vin (nom) 24 V DC @ 3.2 A (recommended) Vin (max) 32 V DC @ 2.4 A
Vin (min) 19 V DC @ 4.0 A
Isolated 4-20 mA output
RS 485 Modbus
USB when lid removed with PC software
On board MMC, minimum of six months
Two isolated outputs, voltage free, 24 V DC @ 1.25 A max
|Weight and Dimensions||15 kg (33 lbs)|
219 x 219 x 172 mm (8.6 x 8.6 x 6.8” approx.)
|Gas Sample Line||10 m max length, PTFE, 6 mm OD, 4 mm ID|
Video Support – Titan fixed benzene specific detector
Product Enquiry Form
Please complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you.